“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Matthew 28: 19-20


Monday, February 15, 2010

flower variety





big kitty!

smaller kitties

another flower

waterfalls!

Me at a waterfall! I was getting wet!

more flowers...

monkey-tail fern

a weed apparently...seems too pretty to be a weed...

pretty!

another waterfall!

another student and me riding in a cattle cart
The decoration is very traditional. The cart was the first "vehicle" and is a national symbol.

poisonous frog!

non-poisonous frog

even more flowers...


peek-a-boo!
he's a big one!

uh oh...

run away!!!

hummingbirds...


butterflies!



me feeding a toucan


the smallest monkey in the world (I think), from Brasil

birds!


ferns, covered by tarp-like stuff


coffee!!!

Saturday a small group of students from the language school went to a resort about an hour outside of San Jose called La Paz Waterfall Gardens. You can go for a day and see all the neat stuff they have. The pictures above were taken there (don't worry, the snakes were in their cages!). It was a wonderful day! This particular place is tropical rainforest and also a cloud forest, hence the misty quality of some pictures and the fact that it's cloudy-looking:).

I had my first lesson with April on Friday. She's another student at the language school and has kindly agreed to give me some help with some contemporary styles of piano playing. I was practicing today and had a lot of fun. I can't wait to put it to use in chapel!

I received my lunchbox (thanks mom!) on Sunday, along with some movies I had forgotten. There was also a little Valentine's surprise inside:). And the best part was I actually got it on Valentine's Day! It was a wonderful gift from home. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Now I must go and do my Spanish homework!

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment