“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Matthew 28: 19-20


Thursday, February 25, 2010

I went to a concert at the Teatro Nacional Tuesday night. A piano prodigy, Jonathan Duarte, was playing selections by Chopin, one of my favorite composers. I went, of course, and really enjoyed it. He is a very good musician, and is only 16! He played a Nocturne I learned in high school, so that was fun to hear. His other pieces were very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening:).

The other day in class, I found out one reason why foreign adoption is closed/extremely difficult here in Costa Rica. It's because of 1.) child trafficking and 2.) selling the children's organs. Isn't that just horrible??? I could not believe my teacher when she told us that in class. Her brother and his wife are working to adopt a child and she answers our questions. It makes me even more thankful that the orphanage is being built and that the Tatum family will be a family for the orphans. I can't think of a better family suited for such a purpose:).

It's been pretty hot lately, but today it has been raining almost all day! It's a really nice change right now, although I imagine I will be sick of it in several months;). But for now, the sound and smell are quite nice, so I think I'll go read and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment