“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Matthew 28: 19-20


Friday, September 3, 2010

there are several missionary kids in the school, and they serve as life-saving translators at times:)


second grade has begun studying space!



makind a solar system



Last Friday, I joined Andrea at a Mother's Day celebration the Lion's Club of Costa Rica hosted, which her mom had organized. This picture was towards the end, and the little old lady was dacing (salsa I think) and it was so cute! Latin dances are so much a part of the culture, all ages will dance! It was so much fun to see:) The whole deal was a lot of fun for me. I was the only gringa there among 100 or so Costa Rican women, and Andrea was the only one who spoke fluent English! I loved it! Afterwards we went to her parent's house to visit for a little while, and I met her younger sister. Her parents were very kind and welcoming, which is not unexpected here:). As it happened, her dad can understand enough English, and I enough Spanish, that we were able to speak our native tongue, with the foreign when needed, and understand each other! So the rest of my evening was a beautiful mix of both languages as we spoke about Obama (which was rather interesting), nearby beaches and what they offer, what Texas is like now and when Andrea and her husband, Geoge, (hopefully) come visit, and I don't remember what else! It was such a wonderful afternoon and evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment